If you are a member of LTNA and are registered on our website, please complete our automated form
if you would like to work on any of the activities listed below.
Maggie Saucedo, Chair
Mission Statement: Encourage a sense of community pride through projects that enhance the beauty of our neighborhood.
- Gardening – Participate in the planning / setup of our Spring Garden Social or help select Yard of the Month.
- Hike and Bike Trail – Support the efforts to secure funding for the SoPac Trail that is planned for the Southern Pacific Railroad bed next to our eastern boundary of Santa Barbara Drive.
- FTLOTL Adopt-A-Shoreline - Pat Watson, Chair – Participate in the cleanup of LTNA’s adopted area at White Rock Lake on the 2nd Saturday of the month.
Sylvia Nolan, Chair
Mission Statement: Promote information sharing and engagement with our fellow Lakewood Trails neighbors
- Newsletter Distribution – Assist in the distribution of our quarterly newsletters and flyers on your block. Hand delivery reduces postage expenses.
- Photographer / Graphic Designer / Website-Email Contributor – Coordinate with the Communications Committee to draft short articles or notices about neighborhood news for our emails, social media and website. Assist with projects in need of graphic design. Photograph LTNA events.
Mission Statement: Plan events that will bring our neighborhood together through social events and community service, and implement fundraising opportunities that will give back to our neighbors.
- Halloween Block Party – Help plan the event of the year! Families gather together to enjoy food, fun and festivities. Let’s keep this tradition going.
- Meet-and-Greet – Have an active part in planning our neighborhood outings to local restaurants for dinner and good conversation.
Leslie Densmore, Chair
Mission Statement: To build a stronger Lakewood Trails neighborhood association by encouraging participation and supporting membership.
- Welcome New Neighbors – Kay Nettles, Chair - Provide a Welcome basket to new neighbors.
- Baker’s Brigade – Maggie Saucedo, Chair - Bake cookies, muffins, brownies, or anything else to occasionally share with new neighbors.
- Sponsorships – Greg Wallace, Chair - Recruit and retain local businesses to support LTNA through donations. Help create partnerships with local businesses to provide items for Welcome New Neighbors gift bags.
- Block Captain – Be a friendly liaison, sharing LTNA updates with your neighbors, important block changes with the LTNA Board; provide input to the Board to help select and prioritize improvement projects.
CRIME WATCH and PET WATCH COMMITTEE
Felix Saucedo, Chair
Mission Statement: Help maintain the safety of the neighborhood. Conduct activities to help keep the neighborhood informed and educated in crime prevention.
- Crime Watch – Help promote education and awareness to keep our neighborhood safe from crime; continue to develop and maintain a strong relationship with Dallas Police Dept. Northeast by volunteering at DPD events; volunteer for the annual Thanksgiving Meal for Fire Station 55 and the Christmas Meal for our police officers.
- Pet Watch – Help neighbors who have lost a pet or those who have found a lost pet.
- Volunteers in Patrol – Complete the Dallas Police Department VIP training and help patrol the neighborhood.
LAKEWOOD TRAILS KIDS
Christie Tinker, Chair
Mission Statement: Focused on families with young children in our neighborhood. Help parents and grandparents with young children meet each other and also to sponsor activities for children in the neighborhood.
- Playgroups – Help connect families with children in Lakewood Trails, by forming playgroups that meet regularly.
- LT Kids Events – Sponsor activities such as parent’s night out, parades and meet and greets for neighborhood children and their parents.